Receive your card
Activate your card
Use your card
What is the Cockle Finance Card?
The Cockle Finance card is a great way for our customers to receive their loans.
We’ve teamed up with B4B Payments who are our payment card provider.
When applying for a loan with Cockle Finance, you can request to have the loan in cash or get it loaded onto a Cockle Finance Card.
- The Cockle Finance Card is a Mastercard that can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted.
- This means that you can use your Cockle Finance Card online, over the phone or in the shops.
- As long as the retailer accepts Mastercard, you can use your Cockle Finance Card.
- The card is PIN protected for security purposes.
- You can never overspend as the card is preloaded with your loan amount from Cockle Finance.
How does it work?
Get approved – Receive your card – activate your card – use your card
- When you’re accepted for a loan with Cockle Finance, one of the team will ask you if you want the loan in cash or on a Cockle Finance Card?
- If you chose the Cockle Finance Card, you will have a chance to see the Terms & Conditions, if you’re happy then the loan will be arranged and brought to you with all the relevant paperwork for you to sign.
- The agent will then give you the pack that contains the Cockle Finance Card and the relevant information that goes with it.
- The card will already be loaded with your loan amount, all you will need to do will be to activate it.
- Once activated, your card is ready to use!
- You can also get future loans loaded back onto your card.
- The card itself is provided by B4B Payments.
- B4B Payments are Cockle Finance’s Card Provider Partner
- The card is issued to you by B4B Payments on behalf of Cockle Finance
Fees & Charges
- There is no additional cost if you chose to have your loan loaded onto a Cockle Finance Card.
- There are also no additional costs to using your card.
- There is a 2.75% FX fee for using your card abroad.
- There is a £0.75 charge if you wish to withdraw money from an ATM.
- If you lose your Cockle Finance card there is a £5 fee for ordering a replacement card.
Activating Your Card
- Once you have your card, you’ll need to go to B4Bpayments.com
- Once there you will click login
- If this is the first time you have done this you will need to register your account, you will then be given a username and password.
- Once you have this username and password you can login to B4Bpayments.com at any time to see the remaining balance on your card and to manage your account.
Terms & Conditions
Please note that the card is issued to you by B4B Payments. on behalf of Cockle Finance.
The terms and conditions of using there card can be found here.
© 2006 – 2018 B4B Payments. B4B Payments is the trading name of Payment Card Solutions (UK) Ltd and is the operator of the B4B Prepaid Mastercard®. All communications should be sent to B4B Payments, PO Box 64645, London, SW8 9DR. B4B Payments is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Authorised Payment Institution under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (Firm No. 777613) Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. The Card is issued by Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd (“WDCS”) pursuant to license by Mastercard International Inc. WDCS is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to conduct electronic money service activities under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Ref: 900051)
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are accepted for a loan with Cockle Finance, then you can choose whether to have that loan in cash, or have the funds loaded onto a Cockle Finance Prepaid Card.
B4B Payments are our payment card solutions partner. They are the company that provide the Cockle Finance Card. They have been operating for over 12 years and provide payment card solutions for companies all over Europe.
If you lose your Cockle Finance Card then you must contact B4B Payments immediately on 020 3475 5351 (Your normal calling charges applied by your network provider will apply) or report it lost or stolen online at b4bpayments.com
You can use your Cockle Finance Prepaid Card anywhere you see the MasterCard logo. This includes in shops, online, at ATM’s or for telephone shopping.
Yes, you can uses your Cockle Finance Prepaid card online if the merchant has the Mastercard acceptance logo. Some merchants may not accept prepaid cards.
When you receive your Cockle Finance Prepaid Card, you will need to visit www.b4bpayments.co.uk/cocklefinance/login. If this is your first time you will need to register, there you will be given a username and password to access your account and register your card. If you have any issues please call the help desk on 0203 475 5531 (Your normal calling charges applied by your network provider will apply).
When you receive your Cockle Finance Prepaid Card, you will need to visit www.b4bpayments.co.uk/cocklefinance/login once you have registered you will be able to obtain your PIN. If you have any issues you can call the help desk on 0203 475 5351 (Your normal calling charges applied by your network provider will apply).
You can withdraw cash from an ATM using your Cockle Finance Prepaid Card but there is a £0.75 charge per transaction for doing so. (Please note this will be in addition to any charges the ATM itself may charge).
If you visit www.b4bpayments.co.uk and login, you can see your balance there, you can also text BALANCE + your 9 digit card number to 07481 339609 (Your normal calling charges applied by your network provider will apply). Most High Street ATM’s will allow you to see your balance too.
If you visit an ATM you will be able to change your PIN.
If your Cockle Finance Prepaid Card doesn’t work then you’ll need to contact B4B payments on 020 3475 5351 (Your normal calling charges applied by your network provider will apply).
You cannot top up your Cockle Finance Prepaid Card yourself, It can only be loaded with funds from taking out a Cockle Finance Loan. If you are eligible to have your loan renewed, then you can choose to have those funds loaded onto your Cockle Finance Card.
You cannot make repayments to Cockle Finance using your Cockle Finance Prepaid Card.
No, your payments will still be made in exactly the same way, either by an agent coming to collect the repayments in cash or by using a debit card (not your Cockle Finance Prepaid Card).